Friday 6 June 2014

It's Gonna Be One of Those Nights

No-one complained about the weather yesterday as the rain just cooled us all down but things soon warmed up again as the stars took to the stage at LP Field. Good old Alabama kicked off the evening followed by the one of the hottest guys in Country right now, Luke Bryan. Since he's one of those on my "To See" (would have been so wrong to write my to-do list) list I'd been waiting for this for a long time. and what an amazing performance, that guy certainly knows how to please a crowd........especially the ladies. He can Shake It For Me anytime. Nicola, you really need to check this guy out ;)

 
Next up was Brantley Gilbert, not my favourite artist on the bill if I'm honest, and judging by the number of empty seats next to me during his performance I'm not the only one. That said he still got the crowd rocking the night away (thought this was a country show).
 
They all came back to their seats for the next guy though, Dierks Bentley Loved him at Country 2 Country back in the UK and after watching him tonight, and at the CMT Awards on Tuesday I love him even more now. Amazing performance including and audience full of beach balls........Adrienne did warn me xxx
 
Dierks Bentley

 
Rascal Flatts had us all on our feet with a mix of old and new songs but for me their performance of the night was when their band joined them for an acapella version of Pharell Williams hit Happy.
 
So, how do you top this testosterone filled evening? With Tim McGraw of course. Absolutely amazing, he loved that stage as much as we loved him, and even bought his wife Faith Hill  out for a duet on his latest single Meanwhile Back at Mamas
 
Tim McGraw

Tim McGraw and Faith Hill

 
 
So at 12.30am we're all done, just time to get a couple of hours kip before we do it all again.
 
 
Luke Bryan
 
Brantley Gilbert
 
Alabama

Rascal Flatts

Rascal Flatts
 

No comments:

Post a Comment